Thursday, December 8, 2011

Homeschool Your Child For Free

I borrowed a book from the library this week, not expecting much. As the first term of our second complete year of homeschooling draws to a close, I'm concerned that I haven't done enough education for the kids (especially my high schooler) this term. They are each taking co-op classes, so I know some of the basics are being covered, but I'm concerned about my lack of a checklist and the checks in some of those boxes.

So, back to the library: the kids were being kids while there, so it was a short stop. (Really? Hide and Seek seemed appropriate to play while we're in the library????) I threw this book on top of The Well Trained Mind (my go-to resource for measuring what we *should* be doing), thinking I'd glean a few new resources. Wow! What a surprise! If this book had been my own (and it will be soon), it would now be sporting new highlight colors and post-it tabs throughout! A few of the links are broken or missing at this time (it was printed in 2009), but the overwhelming majority are workable links, chock full of the good stuff! The book is well-organized and laid out by subject, including information and website links throughout, where you can Homeschool Your Child for Free (as the title suggests).

This is a new go-to resource in my household (and yes, I have many), as is the table in the back that gives a basic suggestion for "classes" for each grade level.

No comments:

Post a Comment